Thursday, September 23, 2010

Introduction to Life at Osgoode

I intend to use the blog for two purposes: A guide for applicants and an explanation of the life at Osgoode Hall Law School. However, this is just an introductory post. I definitely feel proud to be part of this institution, and I believe that it is incumbent upon me to pass some advice unto others who are interested in law school, and specifically law school in Ontario. Law school, like most other professional schools is becoming quite competitive. Especially given the current economic recession that many speak of, there has been record numbers of applicants the past few years. There were over 15,000 application for just over 1306 spots this year in Ontario, and there were about 3,100 applications for 290 spots at Osgoode. So it definitely feels good to be one of the 10% of applicants that actually get in. The application process was quite arduous, and I plan to go into detail and explain it more for those who are interested in knowing what I did. 
I also just feel like there is so much information out there for people interested in American school, unfortunately there is not much available for us Canadians. I will try my best to blog as much as possible, and keep the one or two people actually seeing this up to date with the goings on at Osgoode hall. Hope you enjoy your stay here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment